Of late, credit cards have witnessed a tremendous rise in popularity in India. Though they have been made a lot more accessible to regular individuals, there’s still a certain section of the Indian populace that has found it very tough to gain access to one – students.
This is precisely the thing that the Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana is trying to alleviate. By providing a credit card for students in Bihar, the state government is intending to provide financial assistance and independence.
One of the primary advantages of getting a credit card for students is that it can be used to avail loans and other credit facilities for pursuing higher education. The loan amount can be used to pay fees, purchase books and laptops, and more. Want to know how to apply for a Bihar student credit card online? Continue reading to find out.
Eligibility Criteria for Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana
Before we take a look at the process that you would need to follow to apply for a credit card for students in Bihar, let’s quickly take a look at what you would need to satisfy to be eligible.
- You must be an Indian national and a resident of Bihar.
- Your age must be below 25 years.
- You must have passed the intermediate exam from any of the institutions recognized by the Bihar School Exam Committee.
- If you’re a degree holder, you cannot pursue another degree under the same group. For instance, undergraduate degree holders cannot pursue another undergraduate degree under this scheme. However, they can pursue postgraduate courses.
- You should have a CIBIL score of above 700. If found lower than 700, higher authority approval would be required.
- You should have either enrolled or been selected to enroll in educational institutions for pursuing higher education.
- You must possess both PAN and Aadhaar.
How to Apply for a Bihar Student Credit Card
Now that you’ve seen the eligibility criteria, this is what you would need to do to apply for a Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana.
- Visit the following website link – http://www.7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in/
- Click on the ‘New Applicant Registration’ button.
- Enter all of the details and click on the ‘Send OTP’ button.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile phone number and your email ID and click on the submit button.
- You’ve now been successfully registered. Go back to the main webpage and log into your account using your user credentials.
- Once you’ve logged in for the first time, set a new password, log out and log in again.
- Now, enter all of the details and click on Submit.
- From the ‘Select Scheme’ drop down menu, choose the ‘Bihar Student Credit Card’ option.
- Fill your personal details and click on Submit.
- Your re quest will be registered and you will receive an acknowledgement for the same via email.
As you can see, the process is quite simple and can be accomplished within just a few minutes. So, what’re you waiting for? If you’re really serious about student credit card Bihar apply now. Alternatively, if you need more information on this scheme, make sure to visit Finserv MARKETS for a detailed walkthrough.