Electric vehicle barriers are a type of security barrier that has been increasing in popularity in recent years. More usually referred to as automatic vehicle barriers they are used to protect areas from unauthorised access by cars and other vehicles. Lots of different organisations from varying sectors have now started to utilise electric vehicle barriers to help them control cars, vans and motorcycles entering and exiting their premises. So, we thought we would have a look at what electric vehicle barriers are, who uses them and the main benefits of installing them on your property.
What are Automatic Vehicle Barriers?
Automatic vehicle barriers come in a number of different styles, but they all serve the same purpose which is to control the entry and exit of vehicles at a property. As alluded to earlier there are several different types of vehicle control systems along with barriers there are electric gates and bollards.
Where are You likely to find Electric Vehicle Barriers?
Automatic vehicle barriers are used in a range of different settings, while most commonly associated with car parks they can also be found at airports, shopping centres, sports stadiums, hotels, holiday parks, logistics companies and factories. They are used to control the flow of traffic and also to enhance security. They can be opened manually by security staff, via a keypad code or Automatic Number plate recognition.
What are some of the Benefits of Automatic Vehicle Barriers?
There are a range of benefits associated with electric vehicle barriers from helping your organisation run more smoothly to keeping your site, staff and vehicles safe and secure. Listed below are a few of the advantages of installing an automatic vehicle barrier.
- Increased Security – One of the primary benefits of automatic vehicle barriers is that they increase security for everyone in the area. The possibility of cars being stolen is significantly reduced with the installation of automatic vehicle barriers which gives visitors confidence that they can use your facilities without the security of their car being compromised. Terrorist attacks are unfortunately part of society today and electric barriers help prevent unauthorised vehicles from entering areas where a crowd may be gathered.
- Reduced Congestion – Automatic vehicle barriers can also help to reduce congestion in busy areas. This is because they help to keep cars out of areas where they would otherwise cause traffic jams.
- Increased Safety – Automatic vehicle barriers can also help to improve safety overall. This is because they help to stop cars from entering areas where they could potentially cause harm.
- Increased Efficiency – Automatic vehicle barriers can also help to improve efficiency, as they help to keep traffic flowing smoothly. This is especially important in busy areas where time is of the essence.
- Reduced Costs – Finally, automatic vehicle barriers can also help to reduce costs, as they eliminate the need for manual traffic control staff.
So, if you are looking for an effective way to manage the traffic flow in and out of your property why not consider installing automatic vehicle barriers, in many cases they are more cost-effective than traditional barriers, relatively easy to install and operate and can be utilised in a number of different settings.