Hello sous-vide friends, and welcome back to another topic-picking session for Will It Sous Vide?, the column where I make whatever you want me to with my immersion circulator.
Though October is not yet finished, Turkey Day will be here before you know it, and I’ve always found it’s best to start preparing early. Last year we sous vided both a whole turkey 和 several sides, but I’m sure we can do more. Some Thanksgiving-themed ideas I had include:
- Turkey leg confit: 如同 these duck legs but much bigger.
- Pommes raclette: You know, mashed potatoes, but with a lot of cheese.
- Corn casserole: I have actually been trying to perfect this on my own for months, and have not yet succeeded.
- Something pumpkin that is not pie: Maybe cheesecake or creme brulee? Or both of them layered in one jar?
- Sweet potato pie: Or sweet potato casserole. Anything with sweet potato.
As always, feel free to make your own suggestions down in the comments. Anything you think would make your Turkey Day easier, tastier, or more interesting is welcome.