After Vine was unceremoniously ripped from our hands earlier this year, the internet has since become a black hole. I’m not saying these things are related, but after killing Vine:
- Trump was sworn in as the 45th President
- “The Emoji Movie” came out
- Fidget spinners became a thing — and then not a thing
- Taylor Swift released “Look What You Made Me Do”
- And California caught on fire
Again, I’m not saying they’re related, but they probably are.
Voy a trabajar en un seguimiento de la vid. Me he sentido yo mismo durante algún tiempo y he visto un montón de tweets, DMS, etc.
- dom Hofmann (@dhof) 30 de de noviembre de, 2017
Hoffman intends to fund the endeavor himself, at least at first, and work on it as a sort of side project. He cites user demand in the form of tweets and messages as the motivation behind the move.
This is all we know currently, but anyone who offers to bring back Vine is a hero in our book.